Wednesday 5 December 2012

Christmas day

My sister; Olivia for English had to write all about her Christmas day and well it made me laugh. So to cheer you all up here is my sisters Xmas day....

On Christmas morning, I wake up to instructions through text for what to make for breakfast; which is normally pancakes. After indulging my sense in sweet smells and taste, my parents, sister and me gather in the living room near the tree.We wait for the dogs to wake up (Button and Basil) until we open our presents one at a time, letting of course the dogs go first. While mum is still laughing at how cute the dogs look with their Christmas bows on and uploads photos to Facebook, me and my sister ( the brilliant Emily) SO it is present time and I have opened one; being the youngest of the 6 of us, I thank my parents and the basil and button and we carry on opening presents.

For a while me, my parents and sister take time to get ready in some of our new clothes. Finally I am ready waiting while my mum tries on her 10th outfit, because the others were "too tight around the bum". she comes down looking a mess but we say she looks lovely so she doesn't moan, but of course my dad slips in a weight joke and we end up 30 minutes late. Arriving at my dad's parents house (This is the English side) we greet everyone in a festive mood; all talking and laughing. Nanny taps her almost paper thin walls with a spoon to call us to dinner, we walk to her beautifully set dinner table and wait in anticipation for the Norfolk bronze to grace our eyes. As my Granddad walks to the table, holding what only can be described as a golden glory. The beautiful savoy smell fills my nose; I could almost taste it. My plate is severed up and pile high with:
potato, turkey, Brussels, carrots, Yorkshire, beans, peas and gravy.
It is like I had died and gone to heaven.

Recovering from the war zone that was dinner, we all hobble back into the living room hardly be able to talk properly; just slight murmurs. After getting the feeling back to my toes and neck, I join in the conversation around the room laughing occasionally at my uncles. So this nearing a close you would it was over, Oh you are so wrong. We still have my mum's side of the family * face palm*  

No comments:

Post a Comment